Parental Leave provides time off for new parents of natural or adopted children if the employee does not qualify for FMLA.
- Parental Leave mirrors FMLA with the exception that Parental Leave is a state entitlement, and FMLA is a federal entitlement.
- All applicable Leave must be exhausted while taking parental Leave.
- The Leave is limited to and begins with the date of the birth of a natural child or the adoption or foster care placement of a child under three years of age.
- If an employee goes into unpaid status, unlike FMLA, the employee would be responsible for paying both the employee and state portion of their insurance.
- To apply for Parental Leave, go to www.fmlasource.com.
Parental Leave Policies: