Did you know that free counseling for help with family, legal or financial issues is just a call or click away for UNT System Enterprise employees? The Employee Assistance Program (EAP), powered by ComPsych GuidanceResources Online, can be accessed 24 hours a day, seven days a week:
Call: 855.784.1806; TTY: 800.697.0353
Access benefits online: guidanceresources.com
When prompted for your Web ID, enter UNTS.
Services are available at no cost to active and retired employees, as well as members of their households. This confidential service includes access to counselors, resources, legal assistance and much more. Many employees aren’t aware that this free resource is part of their UNT System Enterprise benefits package and can make a difference in their day to day lives.
Need to talk to someone about stress? Experiencing financial strain and want to seek advice? Want to learn more about how to achieve work-life balance? Access your EAP benefits for this type of help, and much more. EAP benefits are designed to help you manage your busy daily life and responsibilities, including major events, work stresses and issues impacting your quality of life as an individual and/or family.
Some of the benefits, all available 24/7, include:
- Confidential Emotional Support
- Work-Life Solutions
- Legal Guidance
- Financial Resources
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Online Support
- GuidanceResources Mobile App
Watch this video for answers to FAQs
For additional questions or information, contact HRbenefits@untsystem.edu.
EAP Counseling Assistance - Steps
With your EAP benefit, you can receive (6) free short-term counseling sessions (per issue - example, sessions for grief and loss, sessions coping with anxiety). When you need this assistance, here's what to expect:
- Call the EAP. They will work with you to assess/determine your needs so that they can help you connect with a provider.
- You will then choose from the list of counselors/therapists they'll provide.
- EAP will provide you a code to give to the counselor/therapist.
- You will contact the counselor/therapist, provide the EAP code, and schedule your first session.