Being an employee of the UNT System means being part of a diverse and enriching community. Each campus has its own unique offerings for its employees, from cultural events to fitness facilities, sports, academic, and research presentation events. And, you can also enjoy discounts on merchandise, travel, event tickets, and more with employee discount programs!
Beneplace. PerkSpot. PerksConnection. Parking Spot.
UNT System employees can enjoy discounts on computers and electronics, fitness memberships, dining, travel, merchandise, cell phone plans, subscriptions, and much more with Beneplace, the State employee discount purchase plan, as well as with programs from PerkSpot AND PerksConnection (code: UNTX). Travel discounts for hotels, rental cars, and tours are available through the employee discount programs, as well, and Parking Spot offers UNT System employees airport parking discounts at DFW and Love Field airports.
Enjoy dining at campus cafeterias, food courts, and restaurants. Faculty and staff enjoy discounts during staff appreciation months or by purchasing meal plans.
- UNT Campus Dining: Dining Halls, Retail dining, Avesta restaurant; Club at Gateway
- UNTHSC Campus Dining (map): Four Star Café, Java Lab, Torched Apron
- UNT Dallas Campus Dining: Campus Café, Smoothie Bar, Starbucks
Fitness and Recreation
- UNT Rec Center: fitness facilities, swimming, assessments, classes
- UNTHSC Fitness Center: fitness facilities and resources
- UNT Dallas Fitness Center: participate in Wellness walks; mentor students.
Software and Bookstore Discounts
Employees have access to free and discounted software:
- Adobe Creative Cloud is also available to students, faculty and staff for home use in accordance with the system's Term License Agreement for Education.
- Click here or on the word Software (above) to download your copy of MS Office and/or Adobe CC now. Registration is required.
- Other academic-priced software for many platforms is available to faculty and staff from campus bookstores: Faculty/staff Id is required to receive the discount. Faculty and staff also receive discounts on merchandise during special appreciation events and sales:
Culture and Community
Each campus offers a wealth of opportunities to learn, grow, and enjoy a variety of cultural and academic events, many at a discount (or even free) for faculty, staff, and students.
- UNT Dallas provides a myriad of leadership and multicultural programs to its students, faculty and staff such as International Day of Peace, Hispanic Heritage Month, LGBT History Month, Disability Awareness Month, Black History Month, Women’s History Month, Earth Day, Asian Pacific American Heritage Month – and so many more opportunities to connect on campus and celebrate and learn about culture and community. And, you can always find an event on campus to enjoy, as UNT Dallas students are active in promoting student groups and activities as part of campus life.
- UNT’s College of Music is the largest public university music program in the US. Respected globally, the College of Music offers not just fully accredited degrees from the bachelor to doctoral levels, but is also home to the world’s first jazz studies degree program. The college presents more than 1,100 concerts, recitals and master classes annually. Check out their Event Calendar.
- UNTHSC has been training health care providers and public health professionals for five decades, improving healthcare in Fort Worth and beyond while expanding scientific discovery. Attend research-related presentations and discover why UNTHSC is a leader in education, medicine and science.
- UNT’s Distinguished Lecture Series has hosted Mae Jemison, Jane Goodall, John Legend, Sherman Alexi, George Takei, Bill Nye, and Condoleeza Rice – just to name a few.
- UNT’s Dance and Theatre Department is a community of artists and scholars. They develop and promote literacy in the performing arts for students, colleagues, and the City of Denton. Their current 2022-2023 season consists of classics such as Pride and Prejudice, to zany modern musicals like Green Day’s American Idiot. Faculty and staff from all UNT System campuses can receive discounted tickets to every performance. Check out their Upcoming Performances here!
There are so many opportunities - performing arts, dance, recitals; veterans’ support, and much more:
- UNT Dallas Events
- UNTHSC Events
- UNTHSC Connect social platform for employees, alumni, and retirees
- UNT Events
Each campus boasts excellent library facilities, programs, and resources that employees can enjoy (employee id required). Employees have access to books, music, facilities, technology, research materials, and more:
Employees can purchase discounted season or individual game tickets for UNT System’s
sports events. At UNT, enjoy watching football, basketball, and softball events, track and field, golf, tennis, soccer,
swimming, and volleyball. UNT’s Apogee stadium has been recognized nationally for its eco-friendly construction
and operations. At UNT Dallas, enjoy Trailblazers’ basketball, cross-country, and track events.
Additionally, the Dallas and Fort Worth region is home to many sports teams, like the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, and Dallas Stars (to name a few). Special-event and other discounts are frequently available to employees of UNT System.
The UNT System does not promote or endorse any merchandise services, discount websites, nor the products, services or practices on the websites.