Electronic Payroll Action Request, commonly referred to as ePAR, is the method to enter and/or update employee and position details in the HR/Payroll system - Enterprise Information System (EIS). Examples of when to submit an ePAR are:
Hires Hire Tips
Employee Changes (within Department) when you need to change an employee’s
- Position (e.g. job title, etc.)
- Status (e.g. leave without pay, etc.)
- Full Time Equivalent (FTE)
Terminate an employee Terrmination Tips
Vacant position changes
- Changing the position details
- Inactivating a position
- Ending a position
- Adding a new position
Overlap Authorization - when you need to secure authorization to assign multiple employees to a budgeted position
To request access to initiate an ePAR, navigate to my.untsystem.edu, signing in with your EUID and Password. Select “Employee Self Service” homepage, then select “Employee Resources”, “HR Data Analytics & Reporting”, and “Data Security” tiles. You will be prompted to enter your EUID and Password.
To access the ePAR EIS tiles, navigate to my.untsystem.edu, signing in with your EUID and Password. Select “Department Self Service” homepage, then select the “ePAR” tile. The ePAR tiles available are:
- Add a new ePAR – initiate a new transaction
- Update/Submit an open ePAR – Draft transactions are stored here; pushed or pulled back ePARs become draft transactions
- Display a Submitted ePAR – transactions pending approval or have been approved are stored here
- Approve an ePAR – transactions pending action from you as an approver
**Everyone is granted access to Approve an ePAR EIS tile. You will only see transactions that are pending your approval.
Search "epar" in the Learning Library to access OnDemand courses.
OnDemand trainings available:
- Introduction to ePAR
- Classification and Reclassification
- ePAR How To series:
- Salaried Hire (Faculty and/or Staff)
- Hourly Hire
- Task Hire
- Employee Change Within
- Vacant Position Change
- Deeper Dive series:
- How To Do Corrections
Click here to request additional ePAR training topics.