A Total Rewards Statement is a personal and unique statement communicating the overall value of an employee's compensation package. The statement highlights cash compensation, employer contributions to benefits, non-cash compensation, and any additional perks the employee may receive.
Accessible from the Employee Self Service Portal:
An example of the summary page is pictured below. This page provides a summary of each item in your rewards statement. To get a breakdown of each item you can select the links on the left hand side of the page (circled in green below).
Total Rewards Statement Sections
Please note that sections will display based on participation and/or eligibility for each item
- Base Pay - This section contains total payment for all jobs during the statement period, including your regular position along with any additional salaried, hourly or task jobs. Data in this section will represent Regular Pay and Pay Not Earned - Reserved Pay (for 9-month employees on salary spread).
- Additional Pay - This section includes items that are added to your pay in addition to your base salary. Examples of additional pay include Longevity, Hazardous Duty, BRP, Augmentation, Certification, etc.
- Leave - This section reflects the dollar value of your sick leave and vacation leave balances as of August 31st. The calculation is based on your rate of pay as of August 31. If you have a frozen vacation balance, the actual future payment amount will be based on the rate of pay on the last day you were in a vacation accruing position. Sick leave is not payable at time of termination. Please note that other leave benefits (including comp-time) will not be reflected in the statement.
- Health Insurance - This section represents the dollar amount contributed to your retirement plan by the institution on your behalf.
- Employee Tuition Benefit - This section represents the value of the employee scholarship for employees or their dependents participating in the Faculty/Staff Scholarship program.
Click here for instructions on how to add the ‘Total Rewards’ tile if it is not visible on your Employee Self Service homepage. If after following the steps you still cannot access the tile, please contact HR Records.