Well-being Leave Credit offers eight hours paid time off upon completion of a physical exam and online health risk assessment. This benefit is available for all faculty and staff who currently accrue leave. Completing the assessment and other activities earn you BluePoints to spend in the BluePoints online store for items such as kitchenware, fitness gear, tech gadgets, video games and more. View the accompanying video for more on the health assessment and learn about BluePoints in this video or log in to your account at healthselectoftexas.com. For questions, contact the UNT System HRBenefits team at email@example.com.
Employees who are eligible to accrue leave may use Fitness Leave. Fitness leave may be used for a time period of up to thirty (30) minutes, three days per week, to participate in exercise.
- To request Fitness Leave, complete the Fitness Leave Request form and submit it to your immediate supervisor for approval.
- The department retains the approved form for the departmental record.
- Employee enters eLeave using "Faculty/Staff Fitness" leave type.
Assistant Dog Training
A disabled employee is entitled to a leave of absence with full pay up to 10 days in a fiscal year for training in the use of an assistance dog.
The use of designated floating holiday may be scheduled at any time during the fiscal year with prior approval.
- Floating holidays used while an employee is on FMLA will not count against their FMLA entitlement.
- Unused floating holiday time does not carry forward from one fiscal year to the next.
Employees may use pay to attend meetings with the Department of Protective and Regulatory Services or with school district officials to discuss admission, review, or dismissal of a foster child.
- Employees are required to present a copy of any notice received to verify the date, time, and location of the meeting.
- Employees are required to return to work after the meetings, if applicable.
- An employee is entitled to full pay without being charged any of their paid leave accruals.
Jury and Witness Duty
Used when an employee is summoned to jury duty or witness duty without loss of pay.
American Red Cross Certified Service Volunteers
Used when a certified disaster services volunteer or trainee participates in specialized disaster relief services. Up to 10 days per fiscal year. Requires request by Red Cross and approval of supervisor and Governor.
Volunteer Firefighter and Emergency Medical Service Volunteers
Employees who are volunteer firefighters or emergency medical service volunteers are granted a leave of absence with full pay to attend emergency medical service or fire service training. Five days per fiscal year allotted to attend training, or respond to emergency fire or medical calls.
Time off for Voting
To provide faculty and staff members a reasonable period of time off during the regular workday for voting on an official election day.
Conferences and Professional Meetings Attendance
Faculty and staff members are granted permission to attend conferences, training programs, and professional meetings when it is determined that such attendance will enhance the prestige of the University and will contribute to the professional/personal development of the individual and the advancement of knowledge within his or her professional field.
Organ, Bone Marrow or Blood Donors
Leave that allows for an employee to be granted up to five working days in a fiscal
year to serve as a bone marrow donor or up to 30 working days in a fiscal year to
serve as an organ donor. Proper documentation from the licensed medical practitioner
Leave that allows for an employee to be granted sufficient time up to four times each fiscal year to donate blood. The employee must obtain approval from the employee’s supervisor prior to the Leave and must provide proof of the blood donation upon returning to work.
Administrative Leave for Fitness Program Participation
Works toward improving the health and well-being of System full-time regular staff members who participate in the UNT Fitness Program, which provides sufficient time for participation.
Compensatory Leave and Overtime
Compensates employees for overtime worked in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and with state law.
Location closures due to inclement weather or emergency situations are announced by each campus president or senior executive and are recorded by department timekeepers. To be automatically notified when emergency or weather situations occur:
- Subscribe to Eagle Alert at UNT and the free, downloadable Mean Green Ready app
- Subscribe to Red Alert at UNTHSC
- Subscribe to JagAlert at UNTD
You can also update your information at my.untsystem.edu.
Other Paid Leave Policies
- UNT System – Other Paid Leaves
- UNT Denton – Time off for Voting
- UNT Denton – Absence to Attend Conferences and Professional Meetings
- UNT Denton - Assistance Dog Training
- UNT Denton – Volunteer Fire Fighters and Emergency Medical Service Volunteers
- UNT Denton – Foster Parents
- UNT Denton – Compensatory Leave and Overtime
- UNT Denton – American Red Cross Certified Disaster Services
- UNT Denton – Jury and Witness Duty
- UNT Dallas – Other Paid Leaves
- UNT Dallas - Conferences_and_Professional_Meetings
- UNT Dallas - Compensatory_leave_and_Overtime
- UNT HSC – Other Leaves with Pay
- UNT HSC – Compensatory Leave and Overtime
- UNT HSC – Absence to Attend Conferences, etc.