The UNT System offers the University of North Texas, University of North Texas Health Science Center, University of North Texas at Dallas and University of North Texas System Administration employees the opportunity to save for retirement by participating in the UNTS Voluntary 403(b) and 457 Plans.
403b Voluntary Retirement Savings Plan
You can participate in the 403b plan by making pre-tax contributions. You are eligible to participate in this plan, whether or not you are actively contributing to it.
Not yet contributing to the 403(b) Plan?
- To start your contributions to the 403b plan, register online. Once registered, log in to your UNTS Voluntary 403(b) Plan.
- Choose your Plan Vendor(s).
- Once you have logged on to your account, you can choose which vendor(s) to direct your TSA contributions. You must also make investment elections with your chosen vendor(s).
Already contributing to the 403(b) Plan?
If you are currently contributing to the 403(b) Plan, you may be able to increase your pre-tax contributions. You may also decrease or stop contributions by logging in to your account. When logged in to your plan via www.netbenefits.com/unts:
- Click on “View Summary” next to your balance
- In the “Contributions” box, click “Show More” and then “Change Contributions”
- Click “Contributions Amount”
- Update to the desired amount (this is a monthly amount)
- Click “Change”
457 “Texa$aver” Voluntary Retirement Savings Plan
The UNT System also offers UNT, UNTHSC, UNT Dallas and UNT System employees the opportunity to save for retirement by participating in the Texa$aver 457 plan administered by Empower for ERS.
You can participate in this plan by making pre-tax or after-tax (Roth) contributions, or both. You are eligible to participate in this plan, whether or not you are actively contributing to it.
Interested in participating in the Texa$aver 457 Plan? Register here. Then, choose your contribution amount, pre- or post- tax, and investment options. The enrollment wizard will walk you through the process.
Texa$aver is a low-cost program.
Compare the 403b and 457 Plans:
Check out this comparison of the plans to help you decide between the two Voluntary Retirement Savings Plan options:
You can participate in both the 403b and 457 plans simultaneously.
The IRS publishes tax sheltering limits annually.
2021 tax year limits for each plan:
- $19,500 if under 50
- $26,000 if over 50