Friday, January 12, 2024
January 12, 2024, 1:03pm
Dear UNT System Administration Employees,
As we approach the winter season, and navigate the challenges brought by severe winter weather, we want to provide a few reminders and address an important change in our work expectations that impacts UNT System Administration employees.
Remote Work on Winter Weather Days:
- To ensure the utmost support for our campuses, students, and the continuity of our business operations, UNT System Administration employees are expected to work remotely during days of severe winter weather.
- A New Normal: Remote work has become a regular attribute of our workplace.
- Supporting Our Campuses and Students: Our commitment to providing uninterrupted services and support to our campuses and students is paramount. Remote work will enable us to maintain this commitment without weather-related disruptions, especially since impacts will vary for each campus.
- Safety First: The safety of our employees is a top priority. By avoiding travel during hazardous weather, we reduce the risk of accidents and ensure everyone's well-being.
- Continuity of Operations: This policy is crucial for maintaining continuous business operations. With employees working remotely, we can ensure that critical business functions are not impacted by winter weather challenges.
What You Need to Know:
- Communication: On days with severe weather, an official communication will be sent out in a timely manner advising employees to work remotely.
- Preparedness: Please ensure you have the necessary equipment and network access to work effectively from home. This includes laptops, chargers, and secure access to our network. IT support will be available to assist with any remote working technical issues.
- Meetings and Deadlines: All scheduled in-person meetings should proceed virtually, and deadlines remain in place unless otherwise notified. We encourage regular check-ins via MS Teams calls to maintain team collaboration and productivity
It's through our collective efforts, Better Together, that we can overcome the challenges of winter weather, while continuing to provide exceptional support to our campuses and students. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to your manager or HR if you have any questions or concerns regarding this new policy.
Thank you for your understanding and commitment to our shared mission.