Tuesday, January 9, 2024
Dear UNT System Community,
We are excited to share with you an overview of our upcoming software implementation, PageUp.This platform will complement PeopleSoft (EIS) and modernize business processes, specifically focusing on position descriptions, applicant tracking, performance management, onboarding, and succession planning. This initiative is driven by our commitment to enhance the overall user experiences of employees, candidates, and people managers.
Need for Change
PageUp will help us achieve:
- Improved Usability that is intuitive and creates a welcoming experience for employees, candidates, and people managers.
- Modernized Technology to ensure we stay innovative.
- Enhanced Functionalities to streamline HR processes, making them more efficient and effective.
- Improved End-to-End Processes to create seamless connections, reduce manual interventions, and enhance overall process speed and efficiency.
- Increased System Flexibilities with improved adaptability, allowing for easier configurations to meet the needs
of our organization.
- Employees will gain a user-friendly interface, facilitating easier access to relevant information.
- Candidates will experience a streamlined, transparent application process, providing a positive impression of our organization from the outset.
- People Managers will have access to enhanced tools for position descriptions, posting jobs, hiring, onboarding, performance, and improved succession planning will empower more informed decisions.
- Information Technology & HR Administrators will benefit from improved system efficiency, simplified configuration options, and better tools for managing user access and permissions.
User Feedback Integration
We have and will continue to seek feedback from users via surveys, focus groups, and other means to better understand their needs and challenges. This feedback will continue to play a crucial role in shaping how we utilize PageUp for future business processes and system configurations.
To ensure a smooth transition and minimize disruptions to our daily operations, this rollout will be conducted in multiple phases. This phased approach will allow the implementation team to address any issues that may arise in the process and provide a better user experience.
Training and Support
To ensure a successful transition, comprehensive training sessions will be provided and required for all users, depending on their specific roles. The sessions will cover the new system's features, functionalities, and processes. A dedicated webpage with resources and guides will be created to assist users during and beyond the implementation phases.
In the coming weeks and months, you can expect detailed communications for each implementation phase, including information regarding user testing and training schedules. We are confident that PageUp will significantly enhance our HR processes, improve user experiences, and contribute to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of our organization.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support.
Donna Asher, Ph.D.
Vice Chancellor for People & Culture