Before Offer is Extended to Candidate
If the proposed salary for the candidate is over the budgeted amount, an ePAR must be created and approved. Change the applicant's status to "Recommend for Hire".
Important: No offer can be extended until all the candidates who are not finalists have been dispositioned in the system. No verbal offer should be extended prior to confirmation from the Recruiting Coordinator. The employment offer is contingent upon successful completion of all pre-employment requirements, including a criminal history check and at UNTHSC, a drug test.
After Candidate Accepts Verbal Offer
If the verbal offer is accepted, change the selected candidate’s status in the People Admin applicant tracking system to “TA Generates Offer Letter”. An offer letter will be prepared by a Recruiting Coordinator and routed to the hiring manager for signature.
- The Recruiting Coordinator will email the prepared offer letter to the candidate for signature along with authorization forms for the pre-employment drug test (if applicable) and criminal history checks.
- Criminal history check results are typically received within three - five (3 - 5) business days from when the candidate submits their consent forms.
- When all pre-employment verifications have cleared, the employee ID and EUID are created by the Recruiting Coordinator and the new hire is registered for electronic Onboarding.
- When the newly hired employee begins work, please note that Section II of the federally required Form I-9 must be completed on or before the first day of employment before an ePAR can be submitted.
Onboarding checklists are available to assist managers and employees complete required record-keeping steps to join a department team.
- Find onboarding checklists for supervisors and for employees.
Note that a new employee must complete Section 1 of Form I-9 on or before first day of work. All new employees must provide appropriate documentation to verify
identity and employment eligibility. Section 2 of Form I-9 must be completed by the department and the employee E-Verified within three (3) business days of hire date.
Hiring managers should submit an ePAR within the first few days of the new hire’s employment to ensure enrollment and inclusion for Payroll and Benefits choices.
Retention of Documents
Certified online applications become part of Texas State Public Records. Per Texas Records Retention, all records (resumes, interview notes, etc.) need to be retained for two years. Please collect all documents related to your search and file in a secure place for two years. Texas State Records Retention Schedule, 3.1.014).