View the Summer Enrollment Presentation
Please follow the below instructions on how to change the CC to Spanish:
1. Click on Settings icon
2. Click on "English" next to Subtitles/CC
3. Click on "Auto-Translate" and select Spanish
Summer Enrollment 2020 Dates
UNT Employees: June 29 - July 11, 2020
UNTD, UNTHSC, UNTS Employees: July 6 - July 19, 2020
What can I do during Summer Enrollment?
You can make changes to your coverages during summer enrollment for Plan Year 2021 like adding optional insurances (dental, vision, short term and long term disability); add dependents to your insurance; change from Health Select of Texas to the Consumer Directed plan; remove dependents, drop coverages you longer need, apply for optional life insurance, etc. Changes made will be effective September 1, 2020.
What if I don't have any changes to make to my coverages for the new Plan Year?
You don’t need to do anything if you want your coverages/elections to remain the same. Your coverages will be the same in the new plan year if you make no changes in summer enrollment. That includes the amount you are contributing to TexFlex, which will continue September 1, 2020 as is if you make no changes.
- Summer Enrollment Presentation
- Summer Enrollment Presentation (PDF)
- Summer Enrollment Presentation in Spanish
- Summer Enrollment Presentation in Spanish (PDF)
- Enrollment Instructions
- How to Calculate My ADD Insurance Premiums for Plan Year 2021
- How to Calculate My Long-Term Disability Insurance Premium for Plan Year 2021
- How to Calculate My Optional Life Insurance Premium for Plan Year 2021
- How to Calculate My Short-Term Disability Insurance Premiumfor Plan Year 2021
What are the main changes this year to our insurance coverages and options?
- No premium increases this year
- TexFlex carry over balance increasing from $500 to $550 for Plan Year 2021
- Vision insurance benefit for frames or contacts increasing from $150 to $200
Where can I learn more?
HR Benefits will be hosting Q&A sessions in June and July. No registration is required, and you can join us anytime during a session to ask your question – or join at the start and stay to hear everyone’s questions!
To join a session, click on the link on the scheduled date/time. These are “come and go” sessions and are hosted in Zoom:
|Click to join a session. No registration required. Come and go as you need.|
|June 23, 10am - 11am||July 9, 12pm - 1pm|
|June 25, 12pm - 1pm||July 13, 10am - 11am|
|June 29, 4pm - 5pm||July 15, 8am - 9am|
|July 2, 8am - 9am||July 15, 3pm - 4pm|
|July 7, 4pm - 5pm|
And, HR Benefits has recorded a Summer Enrollment Presentation to provide you a helpful overview of all of your insurance options so that you can make informed choices.
Check out the HR Benefits Summer Enrollment presentation, attend an ERS webinar, or join us for one of the Q&A sessions to learn more detailed information about coverage options.
Contact us at HRBenefits@untsystem.edu for help.
If you experience a Qualifying Life Event (“QLE”; examples listed below) during Summer Enrollment between June 19 – August 31, you must update your benefit elections either by calling ERS (1.877.275.4375) or by requesting an enrollment form from the HR benefits team at: email@example.com.
- Divorce/Court orders for health coverage
- Birth of a child
- Employment Changes
- Insurance Eligibility changes