Sick Leave Pool is a program that assists employees who have exhausted all other Leave due to a catastrophic illness or injury to themselves or an immediate family member.
- Employees must be benefits-eligible (Salaried full and part-time).
- Sick leave pool provides a maximum lifetime benefit of 720 hours.
- Employees eligible for Workers Compensation Insurance (WCI) benefits are not eligible for the sick leave pool.
- An employee eligible for sick leave pool must exhaust all of their accruals before pool will be awarded.
- Any unused hours will be returned to the pool.
- Current employees may make voluntary contributions of accrued sick leave hours to the sick leave pool at any time.
- Terminating employees may donate all or a portion of their sick Leave.