The resources and job aides below are provided to assist you in understanding payroll policy and practices. Items are listed in alphabetical order. The type of items you will find on this resource list includes links to outside sources and visual job aides. All forms are available in the Forms Library.
Applicable to All Institutions:
- Internal Revenue Service
- Social Security Administration
- Self Service Portal - The portal is designed to provide a central web location where UNT community members can access the Enterprise Information System (EIS) and other available online services using a single login. You can view university news, events, information resources and your Human Resources information and services. Employee Self Service is available through the portal, as well as links to the myfs, myls, and cognos systems. An EUID (Enterprise User ID) is required to log onto the Portal.
- Campus specific portals can be found below:
Sign Up for Direct Deposit
Sign Up to Receive the W-2 Form Electronically
Employees Can Now Establish an Additional Direct Deposit of Their Paycheck
The ability for UNT System employees to establish an additional direct deposit authorization from their paycheck into a second bank account is now available. This enables employees to split their paycheck between more than one checking or savings account.
Establishing an additional direct deposit authorization is a simple process in EIS:
- Log in to the self-service portal via https://my.untsystem.edu/.
- From the left hand navigation, click Payroll & Compensation
- Click on “Direct Deposit”
- Click “Edit” to update account information
- If you currently have only one direct deposit account, select “Add row”
- a. If you do not have an active direct deposit row (direct deposit detail), you will only be provided two options to (Add or Delete) a pending change previously entered. If no previous change has been made, you will only be provided the (Add) option.
- b. Click “Save” to save your changes.
When adding a second direct deposit account, if a dollar amount is noted under “Deposit Type” in the first row, the second row can only be noted as “Balance”. If “Percent” is noted in the first row, the second row must either be noted as “Balance”, or a percentage that when added to the first row totals 100 percent. If only one direct deposit account is selected, “Percent” is the only option for “Deposit Type”.
Employees will be able to view the saved entry at the completion of the process. Changes will show in a “pending” status until Payroll runs the processes to upload the self-service data. This process is run before each regular payroll is processed.