The Organizational Development & Engagement (ODE) area of Human Resources provides learning and development opportunities to promote employee engagement. ODE staff aim to help create a productive and successful organization that uses best practices to attract, develop and retain employees.
Our department offers growth opportunities for all levels of employees.
Professional growth and development opportunities
- Leadership development
- Career progression/development planning
- Succession management
- Coaching skills
- Team development and consultation
- LinkedIn Learning (learning plan recommendations)
- Management development
- Organizational Consulting
ODE Consulting Services
Our department has an in-house organizational development consultant who can provide many services to your department free of charge. Our consultant will conduct an initial call/meeting with the internal client to determine the needs and scope of the project. The consultant will make recommendations to the client. We offer:
- Evaluate organizational culture and provide recommendations on changes to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- Create and deliver effective human resources programs, learning and development opportunities, initiatives, and offerings
- Develop comprehensive professional development plans for your department
- Create and facilitate department retreats (ask for a retreat catalog)
- Administer and facilitate SWOT Analysis (determining departments Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats)
- Engagement coaching (we can help you better understand your Gallup Engagement results and develop a strategic plan based on this information)
- Facilitate team standards discussion (develop agreement of how the team wants to communicate and work together)
Our services are free. Contact us for a consultation at ODE@untsystem.edu
- Learn about Leadership Development (Coming Soon)
- Learn about New Supervisor Orientation and the Aspiring Supervisor Workshop (formerly Supervisory Building Blocks). Coming Spring 2020, enrollment information coming soon.
- Visit the Learning Portal to find classes and training.
Frequently Asked Questions About Classes
Who can attend training and development classes?
Faculty, staff and student employees are eligible to attend training. Most classes are offered at no cost. A supervisor’s consent is required to attend.
Do I have to use my personal time off (vacation, floating holiday) to attend?
Policies allow employees to attend classes during work hours. Supervisory approval is required before registration. Learn more:
- UNT Policy 5.016
- UNTHSC Policy 5.701
- UNT Dallas Policy 5.019
- UNT System Administration Policy 03.401
How do I cancel a class registration?
Go to the Learning Portal and follow the prompts to cancel registration. Or, contact ODE as soon as possible. Space is limited for some classes and your reserved space often can be reassigned to someone on our waiting list.
How do I contact someone in Organizational Development & Engagement (formerly Talent Management)?
Email us at ODE@untsystem.edu.