What is Interpersonal Well-Being?
“Interpersonal Wellness involves cultivating relationships and a social support network made up of friends, family, and colleagues. This aspect of your well-being focuses on whether your relationships (whether professional, social, familial or romantic) are positive, supportive, nurturing and healthy. Interpersonal wellness supports the development of fulfilling connections with others and emotional resilience in challenging times.”
Maintaining good interpersonal wellness is a key aspect to overall well-being. And by implementing healthy interpersonal skills, you can reduce stress levels, help to resolve conflicts and improve communication among your colleagues, peers and family.
What are some examples of interpersonal skills?
- Using assertiveness: Learn how to express yourself and your rights without violating others’ rights.
- Employing conflict resolution: These help you resolve differences so that you may continue a relationship effectively.
- Knowing anger management: Recognizing and expressing anger appropriately in order to achieve goals, handle emergencies, solve problems—all of which protects our health.
Harnessing good interpersonal health is a game-changer. Typical results include attaining sky-high self-confidence, having a positive attitude, and being a dependable team player—all of which mean you are in the driver’s seat of your interpersonal well-being.
Organization Development & Engagement (ODE)
The Organizational Development & Engagement (ODE) area of Human Resources provides learning and development opportunities to promote employee engagement. ODE staff aim to help create a productive and successful organization that uses best practices to attract, develop and retain employees. Our department offers growth opportunities for all levels of employees. Learn more!
- Grief, Loss, and Renewal Handout and Worksheets (12/1/20)
- Grief/Trauma Packet (12/1/20)
- Managing Holiday Stress Worksheets (12/1/20)
- Mental Health Awareness Worksheets (12/1/20)
- Parenting in the 21st Century Worksheets (12/1/20)
- Workplace Stress Management Worksheets (12/1/20)
- NBC DFW’s Community Conversations (8/17/20)
- ERS Wellness Webinar Archives (8/17/20)
- James L West Center for Dementia Care podcasts (8/17/20)
- Live Daily Connections – Community and hope in providing mindfulness
- Useful and Free Smart Phone Applications for Mindfulness and Fitness on the go:
- Texas Mental Health Support Line Up And Running To Help With Coronavirus Anxiety: 1-833-986-1919
Alliance Work Partners
Employee Assistance Program
Pre-recorded Webinars (Use Code: AWP-UNT-384)
- Life's Simple 7 with Dr. Eduardo Sanchez
- EAP Orientation for Employees
- Parenting in the 21st Century
- Grief, Loss & Renewal
- COVID-19: Leading During Uncertain Times
- Maintaining Emotional Well-Being During COVID-19
- Mental Health Awareness
- Diversity & Respect in the Workplace
- Giving Feedback for Managers
- Finding Balance
- June 2021 – Supervisor
- June 2021
- May 2021 - Supervisor
- May 2021
- April 2021 – Supervisor
- April 2021
- March 2021 – Supervisor
- March 2021
- February 2021 – Supervisor
- February 2021
- January 2021 – Supervisor
- January 2021