Many employees are receiving emails from companies with names like “relaxedretirements.com,” “yourretiring.com” and “appreciationnetwork.com.” These emails indicate that it is time to set up an appointment to discuss your retirement benefits, or that they are available to help “public” employees understand their retirement plans or benefits. IT Compliance has blocked several of these sending companies, yet the emails keep coming with “new” company names (same content).
Beware of attempts to gain financial information via unsolicited emails, texts and phone calls from outside “companies” who offer to meet with you to advise on your retirement plans, accounts or benefits.
Your HR Benefits team is here to help you with your employee benefits, including your retirement plan. Legitimate email regarding your benefits will come from HRBenefits@untsystem.edu or an HR professional with an untsystem.edu email address (that you can verify in Outlook). We are your trustworthy support for help with insurance, retirement and anything employee-benefit related, including voluntary retirement savings plans that are part of your benefit options.
More information can be found here:
If you are in the Optional Retirement Program (ORP) and/or participating in a voluntary retirement savings plan, you will often receive email communications from the vendor with whom you have an account and business relationship due to that account. These include AIG, Fidelity, TIAA, Voya and, for the Texa$aver 457 plan, Texaemail@example.com.
The recent phishing emails indicate that employees can schedule “one free meeting a year” to discuss:
- What your expected income will be from TRS when you retire.
- How much longer you will have to work.
- How you can save more money for retirement, without affecting your take home pay.
- Which 401(a) options have guaranteed income when you retire.
Please know that:
- An outside company unaffiliated with the UNT System’s campuses will only be able to help you with such information if you provide them your personal details, including information about your salary. They don’t have this information, nor do they have access to your job record or your TRS account, unless you give it to them.
- Your HR Benefits team has access to your employment information and can advise on:
- What your expected income will be from TRS
- When you are eligible to retire, and what other benefits you’ll be eligible for (like health insurance)
- Voluntary Retirement Savings Plans you can participate in as an employee. These are employee benefits available to you that can help you save for retirement and reduce taxes on your pay.
- Scammers are becoming more and more sophisticated about getting your personal information. Familiarize yourself with these tactics and learn what to watch out for – and please report anything suspicious to ITCompliance@untsystem.edu. Always check the sender’s email address. Communications from legitimate UNT System parties will be from emails with @unt.edu, @unthsc.edu, @untdallas.edu, and @untsystem.edu addresses.
Ready to retire, or wanting to meet to plan for a future retirement? We’ll be glad to setup a video meeting with you. We are here to help you with all of your employee benefits, including health insurance, optional insurances like dental and vision; your retirement plan, and your voluntary savings plans. Reach out to us for help, and we’ll be glad to meet with you, answer questions, and provide assistance so that you can enjoy your employee benefits. And, we won’t try to sell you anything! We’re your trusted resource – let us help you plan for your future and make the most of your benefits today.